Friday, May 11, 2012

Kitchenette Transformation

Here is the final area that we recently finished downstairs.
The Kitchenette

I had the walls painted in Benjamin Moore's "Hale Navy."  For the white trim work on the bottom half of the walls we used 3 boards (8" wide) and placed them about 8" apart to create a "racing stripe" that goes around the whole room.  I also had the trim guys work some magic on the columned opening to the room and it turned out great!
The cabinetry was once again done by McKean Woodworking.  Wall Sconces from Wayfair.  The Blue and white stripe pillows on the chairs I found on Etsy.


 For the accessories, I picked up the artichoke at TJ Maxx Homegoods, the green vases and tall white vase with numbered measurements going up the front are from a new store called "LIV" in Bountiful.  I plan to shop thrift stores for a few more white ceramics.

The table I picked up at the DI (a local thrift store) for $25.  I used the same "Hale Navy" color to paint the legs and the stenciled top.  The chairs I had from my old dining set, I'm glad to have a place for them down here - I think I'll be finding a cute blue and white fabric to upholster the seats in someday!

BEFORE:

 AFTER:
(the cute little silver octopus on top of the table is from Zgallerie).  Sorry I cannot reveal YET where I got this stencil but I promise I will soon!

The floors look like wood but it is actually tile.  We had the tile laid in a herringbone pattern which really looks cool.  The tile is made by Arizona tile and is called "Misingi Suber".


I choose a navy blue palette because I also wanted to change things to that color scheme in the adjoining Family Room, I'll show you those changes next!


9 comments:

  1. I love it! The columns turned out great. Did you get the cheveron rug on overstock? I've been stalking the gray version, knowing I'm bound to eventually add to my wood floors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually I got it cheaper from RugsUSA.com - they have sales quite often!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I super love those floors! Another great room reveal Amy!
    xo Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job!!!!! Would you mind sharing the white paint colors you used? I love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous floor! Enjoy the lovely weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy Thanks so much for sending us your blog pictures of the floor we did for you in your Kitchenette. We don't get to have see pictures once it is decorated. It looks absolutley FABULOUS!!!!


    Thanks, Kirk and Stacie Hathaway with Kirks Tile and Stone

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was curious-what kind of counter top is that? I am considering the Wilsonart you have in your kitchen, how has it held up? Thanks so much! You have a beautiful home, and I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wood countertop that my cabinet guy installed with the cabinets. I still LOVE my Wilsonart countertops in my kitchen and get comments on them all the time. They are fantastic and there is no worries about them holding up - they can take a beating and not show it! Thanks for your kind comments!

      Delete